Get To The Point
- 1 CUSAT – Cochin University of Science And Technology
- 1.1 CUSAT Exam Date
- 1.2 CUSAT 2017 Application Form
- 1.3 CUSAT CAT Eligibility
- 1.4 CUSAT Exam Pattern
- 1.5 Syllabus
- 1.6 Reservation
- 1.7 CUSAT 2017 Admit Card
- 1.8 CUSAT 2017 Result
- 1.9 CUSAT 2017 Counselling
- 1.10 CUSAT Admission
CUSAT – Cochin University of Science And Technology
The Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) is a government-owned autonomous university. CUSAT University conducts Common Admission Test (CAT), Lateral Entry Test (LET) and Departmental Admission Test (DAT) every year. On the basis of these tests, candidates can get admission in the UG, PG and Ph.D programmes of the university in various streams of academic and professional education. CUSAT (CAT) 2017 is organized for the B.Tech Programme and all other PG programmes. Through this article, candidates may get the complete information about CUSAT 2017 including CUSAT CAT exam date, application form and latest notification for all exams conducted by CUSAT.
- B.Tech/B.Tech lateral Entry
- LLB/B.Com with LLB/BBA with LLB
- Master of Vocation (M.Voc)
- MCA/MCA Lateral Entry
- LLM with Ph.D
- Master of Intellectual Property Rights with Ph.D
- Post Doctoral Research
CUSAT Exam Date
Here, we are providing the official schedule of CUSAT 2017 exam dates:
|Online Registration (except Ph.D/M.Phil/Diploma or certificate programmes)||8th February – 28th February 2017 (without late fee)
|Online Registration for MBA/M.Tech||14th February 2017|
|Online Registration with Rs. 100/- late||1st March – 6th March 2017
|Last date for fee payment||8th March 2017|
|Admit Card Availability||15th April – 30th April 2017|
|Date of Examination||29th & 30th April 2017|
|Result Declaration (CAT)||Last week of May 2017|
CUSAT 2017 Application Form
- The CUSAT 2017 Application Form is provided through online process through the website.
- The online registration has been started from 8th February 2017.
- The last date for online registration will be 28th February 2017 (without late fee).
- After registration take the confirmation page for the future use.
- There is no need to send any documents by post.
Candidates can pay the fee through Online mode only. The online payment can be done through debit/credit card or net banking.
|Additional Fee pay by the Candidates opting for Dubai as Test Centre||Rs.10000|
|Post Doctoral, Diploma, Certificate Programmes||Rs.100 (Rs.50 ST/ST Candidates)|
CUSAT CAT Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for CUSAT 2017 is mentioned below. For each programmes, the eligibility criteria are separate. Here, we are mentioning the eligibility criteria of CUSAT CAT 2017.
- All Indian/Foreign/PIO candidates can apply.
- Those candidates belong to the Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) and Kerala Scheduled Cast (KSC) communities are eligible only if they have minimum pass marks in the qualifying examination except for Marine Engineering.
- For all UG programmes (except Marine Engineering), the minimum eligibility for SEBC candidates with Non-Creamy Layer Status of Kerala State for admission to B.Tech programme is 45% for Mathematics and 45% for PCM (physics, Chemistry Mathematics) put together in the qualifying examination.
- In case of PG Programmes, SEBC-NCL candidates of Kerala state are eligible for 5% relaxation in the minimum required marks for qualifying examination unless otherwise specified.
- Candidates with a valid GATE score card are eligible for 5% relaxation in the qualifying examination marks for M.Tech Programmes.
- Candidates who apply for the B.Tech programme, they have to qualify the 12th examination of the state of Kerala or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto with PCM.
- Candidates who apply for MBA programmes, they have to pass MAT 2017/ CMAT 2017/ CAT 2017.
- Those candidates want to get admission in M.Tech programme (except Marine engineering), they have to clear GATE 2017 or DAT 2017 (conducted by the university).
CUSAT Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for First Degree programmes and Lateral Entry to III Semester B.Tech Programme (LET) is given here.
First Degree Programmes
- Mode: The CUSAT CAT 2017 will be conducted through online process (CBT).
- Marking Scheme: For each correct response 3 marks will be awarded and for wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- No of Questions: The question paper will comprise in 250 objective type multiple choice questions.
- 125 questions will be asked from Mathematics and 125 questions from Physics and Chemistry.
- Duration: The duration of this exam will be three hours.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 750 marks.
Lateral Entry to III Semester B.Tech Programme (LET)
- Mode: The CUSAT CAT 2017 will be conducted through online process (CBT).
- Marking Scheme:For each correct response 3 marks will be awarded and for wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- No of Questions: The question paper will consist of 200 objective type questions.
- 20 questions will be asked from English, 50 from Mathematics, 40 from engineering Mechanics, 40 from Engineering Graphics and 50 from General Engineering.
- Duration: The duration of this test will be 3 hours.
- Total Marks: The maximum mark will be 600.
The syllabus of CUSAT CAT 2017 will be different for different courses. The syllabus of the first degree programme will be based on class 11th and 12th level. To score good marks, candidates prepare according to the prescribed course syllabus.
CUSAT 2017 Preparation Tips
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||Ezhava/Thiyya/Billava (ETB)||9%|
|Other Backward Hindu(OBH)||3%|
|Latin Catholic including Anglo-Indian||3%|
|Other Backward Christian(OBX)||1%|
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||20%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||Ezhava/Thiyya/Billava(ETB)||8%|
|Other Backward Christian (OBX)||1%|
|Other Backward Hindu (OBH)||3%|
|Economically Backward Class among Forward Caste (BGN) (Supernumerary)||7.5%|
CUSAT 2017 Admit Card
Candidates can download the CUSAT 2017 Admit Card from the website. The admit card will be available from the third week of April 2017 (Tentative). The conducting authority will not send the admit card by post. Candidates must retain the admit card till the admission procedure will be over.
CUSAT 2017 Result
CUSAT 2017 Results will be released on the official site of the conducting body. The result will be announced on 15th April 2017. Candidates can get their results after entering their roll number. On the basis of the performance of the candidates, the merit list will be prepared. The merit list will be published on the official portal of the University.
CUSAT (Cochin University of Science and Technology) is one of the reputed Institution which organizes CAT (Common Admission Test), LET (Lateral Entry Test), DAT (Department Admission Test) exam. Through this exam, candidate will get admission to the B.Tech, M.Sc, BBA LLB, B.Com LLB, MA, LLM-PhD, MCA/MCA (Lateral Entry ), LLB, etc.
CUSAT 2017 Counselling
The CUSAT 2017 Counselling will be started after the few weeks of the result declaration. The counseling schedule will be posted on the official website. The CUSAT Counselling will be held for all the passing candidates. No Individuals call letters/ communications will be sent to the candidates by post. In the counselling process, candidates have to register themselves for admission to various academic programmes of the University. The registration will be done only through the login portal, link that is available at the time of counselling. Registered candidates will be allotted seats as per their rank and availability of the seats.
All the academic admissions will be based on the merit of the candidates as determined through an admission test. The admission will be based on the valid score/rank in the prescribed test/examination and score that is obtained in the group discussion/interview. Candidates also fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria for their appearing course. For certain programmes, National Level tests such as GATE, C-MAT (AICTE), MAT (AIMA), and CAT (IIM) will also consider as an eligibility requirement.