Get To The Point
- 1 WB JEE – West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam
- 1.1 WBJEE Exam Dates
- 1.2 WBJEE 2017 Application Form
- 1.3 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.4 WBJEE Exam Pattern
- 1.5 WBJEE Syllabus
The WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) is a state level common entrance test organized by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board. It is conducted to screen candidates for admissions in undergraduate engineering, architecture & pharmacy programmes offered by various colleges and universities of West Bengal. Through this exam, students will get eligible for admissions in Government Colleges and Self Financed Institutes in the state of West Bengal. In this article, we are providing information regarding WBJEE 2017.
WBJEE Exam Dates
Here we have listed exam dates for WBJEE 2017.
|Publication of information brochure||28th December 2016|
|Online application begins||5th January, 2017|
|Last date of online application||4th February, 2017|
|Last date to upload documents||4th February, 2017|
|Last date of fee payment||4th February, 2017|
|Last date to print confirmation page||4th February, 2017|
|Correction window||06/02/17 to 20/02/17 (Extended)
|Admit card download||12/04/2017 (tentative)|
|Exam date||23rd April 2017|
WBJEE 2017 Application Form
- The WBJEE 2017 Application Form has been available via online process through the official website of WBJEE.
- The application form was available from the 5th January, 2017 till 4th February, 2017.
- Correction in uploaded images can be done till 20th February 2017.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned copies of necessary documents.
- Candidates should keep the printouts of the confirmation page for further use.
The application fee is Rs. 500 + bank’s service charges.
- The application fee payment can be made through online and offline methods.
- Candidates can pay the application fee via debit/credit card/net banking or through the e-challan of Allahabad Bank.
The application fee is listed below:
Documents Required to be Upload in the Application Form:
- Latest colored passport size photograph
- Left hand thumb impression
- Registration certificate/ admit card/ mark sheet of 10th class
- Domicile certificate
- Category certificate
- PwD certificate
- Income certificate
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates not domiciled in West Bengal are not eligible for admission in medical/dental courses.
- Candidates without domicile can only register for engineering courses.
- Applicants should be minimum 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- There is no upper age limit.
However, for admission to the degree level Marine Engineering Course, the lower age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on 31.12.2017 and the upper age limit is 25 Years as on 31.12.2017.
- For Engineering & Technology courses: Candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board with individually pass in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- For Architecture courses: Students should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from recognized board with individually pass in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
WBJEE Exam Pattern
- Type of Paper: The question paper will contain objective type questions, with four options for the question.
- Mode of Exam: The question paper will be asked in OMR pattern.
- Using of Pen: Candidates are required to mark their answers by using only blue or black ball point pen.
- Negative Marking: Negative marking exist in category-1 and category-2. 1/4 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer of category1 and 1/2 answer will be deducted for each incorrect response of category 2.
The questions will be of three categories mentioned below:
|Subject||Q Category 1||Q Category 2||Q Category 3||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Physics + Chemistry||(30+30)x1 marks||(5+5)x2 marks||(5+5)x2 marks||40 + 40||50+50=100|
|Mathematics||50×1 mark||15×2 marks||10×2 marks||75||100|
The WBJEE syllabus will be comprises of various subjects such as physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics. The objective type questions will be asked from the above mentioned subjects. For better exam preparations candidates should gather complete information about the syllabus.
A.P., G.P., H.P
Permutation and combination
Principle of mathematical induction
Binomial theorem (positive integral index)
Sets, Relations and Mappings
Statistics and Probability
Coordinate geometry of two dimensions
Co-ordinate geometry of three dimensions
Application of Calculus
Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions
Laws of motion
Work, power, energy
Motion of centre of mass, connected systems, Friction
Bulk properties of matter
Heat & Thermal Physics
Kinetic theory of gases
Oscillations & Waves
Magnetic effect of current
Electromagnetic induction & alternating current
Optics I (Ray optics)
Optics II (Wave Optics)
Particle nature of light & wave particle dualism
Solid state Electronics
Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics
Physical Chemistry of Solutions
Ionic and Redox Equilibria
Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and their Compounds
Chemistry of Metals
Chemistry in Industry
Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
Aldehydes and Ketones
Application Oriented chemistry
Introduction to Bio-Molecules
Principles of Qualitative Analysis