Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune, a highly commendable private institute, occupies a place of pride amongst the premier technical institutes of the western region of India. Established in the year 1983, financed and run by the Bansilal Ramnath Agrawal Charitable Trust, Pune. It is affiliated to the University of Pune . Within two decades, the institute marched towards the pinnacle of glory through its remarkable achievements and laurels in the field of engineering education of high calibre. According to Indian mythology, ‘Vishwakarma’ was a divine architect-engineer. It is believed that He fashioned this world with His rare engineering skill. The Trust adopted this name with a vision to develop engineers of high calibre, who could take up challenges of any type of engineering job and become successfull in the chosen career.
The campus boasts of lush green lawns that provide an ambience and a serene atmosphere of ancient Gurukuls far from the madding crowd. It has got 17.625 acres of land, out of which 7 acres are utilised for academic building area and available built up area for the entire institution is 29,039 sq. mts.
Vishwakarma Institute of Technology hereafter called, as ‘The Institute’ is one of the leading autonomous Institutes affiliated to University of Pune. It was started in 1983 with an objective to impart quality technical education for the overall development of students and the latest need of Society in general and Industry in particular.
- The Institute is running 9 under graduate, 8 post-graduate & 6 Ph.D. Programme which are affiliated to the University of Pune.
- The Institute worked as “Centre for admission to direct second year after Diploma” for 10 years on behalf of Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai.
- The Institution got selected under the world bank project TEQIP Phase- I i.e. Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme by Ministry of HRD, New Delhi.
- The Institution got the award ISO 9001-2008 certified by BSI, India.
- The Institute has been granted autonomous status since academic year 2008-09.
- The Institute was accredited (‘A’ Grade ) by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore from July 2013 for the next five years.
- Prof. M. R. Khadilkar (1984-1994) & Prof. H. K. Abhyankar (1994-2010) are Ex-Principals of this Institute.
Campus Details :
Courses Details :
Department Details :