Get To The Point
- 1 TS PGECET – Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test
TS PGECET – Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test
TS PGECET is the Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test of Telangana state. The exam is conducted by the Osmania University on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). TS PGECET is organized for admission to the first year postgraduate courses in engineering, technology, architecture, pharmacy and planning. It is the state level entrance examination. In this article, we are providing the overall information about the TS PGECET 2017 application form, eligibility, exam dates, pattern, admit card and result.
TS PGECET Exam Dates
Candidates can check the official exam date of TS PGECET 2017 from below table.
|Date of Commencement of Application Form||Second week of March 2017|
|Last Date of Submission of Application Form without late fee||Fourth week of April 2017|
|Last Date of Submission of Application Form with late fees||Last week of May 2017|
|Downloading of Admit card||Fourth week of May 2017|
|Examination date||30th May 2017 (Announced)|
|Result Announcement||June 2017|
|Counselling Starts||August 2017|
|Admission Starts||September 2017|
TS PGECET Application Form
- TS PGECET 2017 Application Form will be completely online followed by the payment of online application fee.
- The candidates can submit the application form by visiting the official portal of TS PGECET.
- Refer user guide before filling the form as it will provide instructions to the candidates about how to fill the application form.
- The cost of the application form will be Rs 800/- for general candidates and Rs 400/- for reserved category candidates.
- The candidates can know the status of their application form.
- They will receive an SMS after the successful submission of the application form.
- If authority receives sufficient number of correction requests from applicants it may also provide the correction facility.
- The GATE qualified candidates have to apply separately for admission.
Note: If candidates want to apply for more than one course then, he/she has to pay the separate registration fee for each test.
Mode of Payment:
The payment can be processed through the following modes:
- Credit card/Debit Card
- AP/TS Online Center
The TS PGECET 2017 eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- The candidate must be the Indian national and must hold the domicile certificate of Andhra Pradesh.
- The local/non-local status of the candidates should be fulfilled as per the requirements of admission.
- The qualifying examination (B.E./B.Tech) should be completed with 50% marks (45% for the candidates belonging to SC/ST) in all subjects when put together.
TS PGECET Exam Pattern
Check TS PGECET Exam Pattern 2017 below:
- Questions: There are 120 objective type questions in the examination of TS PGECET.
- Marking: Each question contains one mark.
- Duration: The total duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- Sessions: The examination will be scheduled in two sessions i.e. in the morning session and afternoon session.
- Language: The medium of the question paper will be English.
- Syllabus: The syllabus covers the topic that has studied during the bachelor’s course.
- There is different syllabus for every disciplines and depends upon the candidate for which he/she is applying.
|TS PGECET 2017 Exam Pattern|
|Exam Type||Pen & Paper Based|
|Duration of the exam||2 Hours|
|Total No of questions||120|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice objective type questions|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||Not applicable|
|Medium of Question Paper||English only|
TS PGECET 2017 will be conducted in the following disciplines:
|TS PGECET 2017 Test Paper||Paper Code|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||EC|
|Geo Engineering & Geo Informatics||GG|
TS PGECET 2017 Test Centres
The authority conducts the examination in the two different regional centres namely Hyderabad and Warangal. The candidates can check the complete details about examination venue from the admit card.
TS PGECET 2017 Admit Card
TS PGECET 2017 admit card can be downloaded from the official website in the fourth week of May 2017. For downloading the admit card, the candidates have to provide the valid registration number and the test name for which he/she is appearing. All the candidates are advised to preserve the admit card till the admission process is over.
TS PGECET 2017 Result
TS PGECET 2017 result will be published online on the official portal of TS PGECET. It is expected that the result will be declared in the month of June. Only qualified candidates can download the TS PGECET rank card from the official website. The seat allotment will be done on the basis of candidate’s rank in the entrance examination.
You may also check:
TS PGECET Answer Key 2017
TS PGECET 2017 Cut-off
It must be necessary for the candidates to secure TS PGECET cut-off marks to be eligible for admission. The authority sets the cut-off criteria of 25% marks for unreserved category candidates. There is no minimum marks for the candidates belonging to reserved category.
TS PGECET 2018
TS PGECET 2018 (Telangana Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test) will be managed by the University College of Engineering, Osmania University. This exam is conducted for providing admission to the regular PG courses such as ME, M.Tech, M.Pharmacy, M.Arch and other courses.
TS PGECET 2017 Counselling
The candidates who have obtained more marks than the cut-off marks will be invited for the document verification round. TS PGECET Counselling 2017 will be started after the result announcement. The candidates have to report as per the prescribed schedule for document verification. After the completion of verification round, the candidates are permitted for the web option entry in which he/she can make the choices for the college and branch. The final distribution of seats will depend upon the candidate’s merit.