Get To The Point
- 1 SNAP – Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
- 1.1 SNAP 2016 Exam Dates
- 1.2 Admission Procedure
- 1.3 SNAP 2017 Score Card
- 1.4 SNAP 2017 Admit Card
- 1.5 SNAP 2017 Registration
- 1.6 SNAP Exam Eligibility
- 1.7 SNAP Exam Pattern
- 1.8 SNAP 2017 Syllabus
- 1.9 SNAP 2017 Result
SNAP – Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
The SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) is a university level examination regulated by Symbiosis University. This exam is mandatory for those aspirants seeking for admission in management courses (MBA) offered by associated institutions of Symbiosis International University. After clearing this test, candidates have to go through the Personal Interview and Written Ability Test round organized by each of these institutions for admission. Here in this article, candidates can check authentic information related to SNAP 2017 registration, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus and eligibility.
SNAP 2016 Exam Dates
The official dates of SNAP 2016 are are listed below:
|Online registration starts||22nd August, 2016|
|Last date to register online||25th November, 2016 (Extended)
|Last date for payment||27th November, 2016 (Extended)|
|Availability of admit card||2nd December, 2016 to 18th December 2016|
|Exam date||18th December, 2016|
|Result Announce||9th January 2017|
The SNAP admission procedure comprises of three stages GE-PIWAT (Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test). After these stages, a final merit list will be prepared on basis of marks scored in SNAP and GE-PIWAT. Students will be informed for admission on the basis of merit list. After that, students have to report to the respective institution to confirm their admission.
SNAP 2017 Score Card
SNAP 2017 score card has been released by the officials on 9th January 2017. The score card is valid only for one year. All the candidates appeared the examination can download the score card from the above link. Score card can be downloaded by entering SNAP ID & password.
SNAP 2017 Admit Card
The SNAP admit card has been released by the authority from the 2nd December, 2016 and available till exam date. Candidates can download SNAP admit card through the official site. It is compulsory to bring admit card along with photo identity proof at the time of the test. Candidates make sure to paste latest passport size, colored photograph on the admit card. Candidates are advised to keep the admit card safe till the admission procedure.
SNAP 2017 Registration
- Candidates can register themselves for SNAP exam only through online mode.
- The SNAP Registration has been done from 22nd August 2016 to 25th November 2016.
- Candidates can pay the registration fee via credit card and net banking or by cash through the bank challan of Axis Bank or Indian Bank or Demand Draft from any nationalized Bank in favor of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- The registration fee will be Rs. 1500/-.
- Candidates are required to upload their latest scanned colored photograph at the time of registration.
- After filling the application form and payment details, take the print out of the application and send along with the Challan or DD to the address given below:
SYMBIOSIS TEST SECRETARIAT
SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115
Phone: 020-39116226/ 27, Tele fax: 020-39116228
SNAP Exam Eligibility
- Candidates must have cleared graduation from any statutory/ recognized University or institution with securing minimum of 50% marks (for general candidates) and 45% (for SC/ST candidates).
- If candidates have passed their qualifying exam from Foreign University, they must obtain an equivalence certificate from the AIU.
- Foreign National (FN), Person of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Non Resident Indian (NRI) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates who have completed their qualifying degree from any foreign university or the institution must obtain the equivalent certificate from the AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
According to the UGC guidelines/ regulations the reservation criteria for different categories is mentioned below:
|Within Sanctioned Intake|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Over & Above Intake|
|Kashmiri Migrants||2 seats per program|
SNAP Exam Pattern
- No of Questions: The question paper will contain total 180 objective type questions.
- Type of Exam: Each question will contain four optional answers, candidates have to choose the right answer.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct response will carry 1 mark.
- Negative Marking: Each incorrect response will lead to 25% negative marks.
- Duration: The exam duration will be two hours (120 minutes).
- Candidates note down use only blue or black ball point pen to answer.
The SNAP exam pattern is mentioned below:
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||40|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||40|
|General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario||40|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||60|
SNAP Test Cities:
The SNAP test may be conducted in these cities such as Agra, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Kolhapur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, NOIDA, Patna, Pune, Surat, Vashi and Visakhapatanam.
SNAP Preparation Tips:
Prepare a good time-table for your exam preparations. Divide your time equally for all the subjects. Include little time breaks between long hours of study. Prepare for the exam as per the prescribed syllabus. Select the best books for exam preparations. Practice sample papers and previous years question papers for better preparations.
SNAP 2017 Syllabus
Before preparing for exams candidates should have complete knowledge about the syllabus. The SNAP syllabus comprises of various topics such as General English (Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning and Verbal Ability), Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, General Awareness (General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Business Scenario), Analytical and Logical Reasoning.
Geometry, Ratios and Proportion, Percentages, In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra, Profit & Loss, Averages, Partnership, Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Number system, HCF & LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean, Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS, Mensuration, Allegation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Installment Payments, Clocks, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Trigonometry, Vectors, Binomial Expansion, Co-ordinate geometry, Logarithm, Calendar, Maxima & Minima Progression, Surds & Indices, Complex numbers, Etc.
Data Interpretation based on text, graphs and tables. Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn diagram, etc. Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, Identifying valid inferences ,Identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements, Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding ,Sequencing ,Identifying next number in series, Etc.
Comprehension of passage (Poems can also come)Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms, Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed),Sentence Correction, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, Odd man out, Idioms, One word substitution, Different usage of same word, Etc.
Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events Famous award and prizes, World Records, Books and authors, Science, History, Geography, International organizations, Important quotations, Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics, Etc.
SNAP 2018 is a university level entrance test managed by the Symbiosis International University. Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is organized to offer admission to the management programme (MBA). SNAP Registration 2018 will begin from the 4th week of August 2017.
SNAP 2017 Result
The exam authority will be declared the result on 9th January, 2017. Candidates can check SNAP result through the official site. After result declaration, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test on the basis of SNAP Score. The final merit list will be prepared on the following basis:
|Weightage for Final Merit List|
|SNAP Score out of 180 marks scaled down to 50 marks||Group Exercise (GE)||Personal Interaction (PI)||Writing Ability Test (WAT)||Total|