Get To The Point
IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is the top business school of India that organizes a national level exam known as IIFT Entrance Exam. This entrance exam is conducted for admission in the MBA program of International Business (IB). IIFT 2017 entrance exam is the self organizing admission test that was conducted on 27th November 2016. In this article, we are providing the all the information about application form, admit card, exam pattern result and counselling.
IIFT Exam Dates
IIFT 2017 exam dates has been announced. Candidates can check the IIFT exam schedule and dates from the below section:
|Availability of Application Form||15th July 2016|
|Last date to fill-up the application form (online)||5th September 2016|
|Last date for obtaining the application form (Offline) through the post||5th September 2016|
|Last date for submission of filled application form at IIFT (offline)||5th September 2016|
|Admit card||15th November 2016|
|Date of Entrance Exam||27th November 2016|
|Result announcement Date||24th December 2016|
|Group Discussion, Interview and Essay Writing Held Date||January/February 2017|
|Start of Session||Start of Session|
Candidates who want to apply for this entrance exam must read the below criteria as follows:
- There is no age limit for this exam.
- The candidate should have three years duration bachelor degree in any discipline from the recognized university.
- Appearing candidates of final year of graduation can also apply but they have to submit the proof of requisite qualification by 7th October 2017.
- Seats are reserved for Foreign Nationals, NRIs and Children of NRIs and the admission is considered on the basis of General Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score of which should not have been declared before 1st January 2015 and should be received by the Institute latest by 31st March 2017.
IIFT 2017 Registration
- The IIFT registration 2017 had released on 15th July and end by 5th September 2016.
- IIFT Application form could be filled through online or offline process.
- Those candidates apply through the offline process they could buy the Prospectus from the post office and at the counter of IIFT in cash or through demand draft.
- Candidates are advised to retain a photocopy of the completed application form and demand draft for the future reference.
- Candidates who belong to the SC/ST/PH category they had to send the photocopy of the requisite certificate with the filled application form.
- After filling the registration form they could send the application form in the envelope to the given address below.
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
B-21 Qutab Institutional Area,
Application Form Fee
The cost of the prospectus and application form was Rs. 1550 for the general category. The fee of prospectus and application form for SC/ST/PH candidates was Rs 775. There was no need to pay any other fee while sending back the filled application form to IIFT. The application form fee for the Foreign National/NRI/Children of NRI candidates is US$ 80 (INR Rs 4500).
The IIFT exam pattern is listed below.
Type: Objective type test
Mode: Pen & Paper based test
No. of questions: 125 objective type test
Marking Scheme: Different for different section
Negative Marking: one-third for every wrong answer
Time Duration: 2 hours
|Sections||No. of Question||Marking Scheme|
|Data InterpretationLogical Reasoning||1920||10.75|
The IIFT syllabus generally covers the section of English Comprehension, General Knowledge and Awareness, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Analysis. Candidates must prepare for the above section and practice mock test papers.
To get score good marks in the entrance exam candidates have to make a proper schedule to give equal importance to each topic. Candidates will take help from the previous year question papers and sample paper books. Don’t leave any topic for the last moment, prepare each topic. Maintain your health and avoid the pressure it will affect on your exam preparation.