Get To The Point
- 1 GPAT – Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test
- 1.1 GPAT 2017 Exam Dates
- 1.2 GPAT 2017 Result
- 1.3 Merit List
- 1.4 GPAT 2017 Registration
- 1.5 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.6 GPAT 2017 Admit Card
- 1.7 GPAT Exam Pattern
- 1.8 GPAT 2017 Syllabus
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT 2017) is a national level entrance exam that is managed and conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE GPAT). This exam is organized for admission into the Master’s programme of Pharmacy that is known as M.Pharma. GPAT 2017 entrance exam was held in the 28th & 29th January 2017. Through this article, we are providing the detailed information about AICTE-GPAT 2017 including registration, application form, admit card, syllabus, exam pattern, result, etc.
GPAT 2017 Exam Dates
Candidates are eagerly waiting for the GPAT 207 exam dates. The notification for GPAT exam dates is released on 5th October 2016.
|Online Registration Started||10th October 2016|
|Online Registration Closed||25th December 2016
|Admit Card Availability||16th January 2017|
|Date of Examination||28th & 29th January 2017|
|Result Declaration Date||8th February 2017|
|Printout of Score Card||9th February 2017|
GPAT 2017 Result
GPAT 2017 Result was announced in the official portal on the 8th February 2017. The score card is issued by the authority on 9th February 2017. The candidate can keep the printout of the score card for future use. After completing M. Pharma Degree if any candidate is interested for admission in Ph.D. degree, then GPAT scorecard is valid beyond one year and the candidate doesn’t need to appear in Ph.D. entrance examination conducted by Indian universities.
After the examination, the all India merit list is prepared by the conducting authority. The merit list was displayed on the official site on 8th February 2017. On the basis of the merit list, candidates will be called for the admission.
All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE) is the main authority which organizes Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT). This exam is conducted to offer admission into Pharmacy courses. Candidates will fill the application form from the 2nd week of October 2017.
GPAT 2017 Registration
- The GPAT 2017 registration was started from the 10th October 2016.
- Candidates was register themselves only through online mode from the official website.
- The application form was not be provided through offline mode.
- The registration process was closed on 25th December 2016.
- The Application Process of GPAT comprises of three stages: Registration, Online Payment and Application form filling.
- Candidates was register themselves by providing the correct contact number and a mail ID that can be used for the further communication.
- Online payment was made via debit/credit card/net banking or cash payment.
- In application form, candidates was to fill the authentic and correct personal, academic and address details.
- All fields of application form would have to be filled by the candidate only.
- The registration fee for General/OBC candidates is Rs. 1400 + Bank charges as applicable.
- Whereas Female/SC/ST/PWD category candidates was to pay Rs. 700 + Bank charges as applicable for registration.
- Candidates can pay the registration fee only through online mode of Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking & Cash Payment.
- The fee was submitted at any of the State Bank of India Branch.
- Candidates who want to deposit the fee through cash payment, they have to generate the Challan from official portal and visit the nearest SBI bank on the next day of Challan generation to pay the cash.
Fee for General and OBC male – 1400/-
Fee for all Female/SC/ST/PWD – 700/-
The eligibility criteria for appearing the GPAT 2017 exam is prescribed by the official (AICTE). Candidates those wish apply for the GPAT 2017, have to fulfill the given GPAT eligibility criteria.
- Candidate must be Indian Citizen.
- Candidate has to complete their Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates).
- Candidates who are in the final year of B. Pharmacy, they are also eligible for appear in GPAT exam.
- There is no age limit for appearing in the exam.
GPAT 2017 Admit Card
Candidates can download their admit card from the official site of GPAT AICTE. GPAT 2017 Admit Card was available on 16th January 2017. The admit card of valid candidates was also be sent to their registered email ID. No hard copy was sent to the candidates. The candidate can download their admit card by entering email id and password.
GPAT Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: GPAT 2017 entrance exam was computer based online test (CBT) that was organized in a single session.
- Duration: The time duration of the exam was three hours.
- No. of Questions: 125 questions was asked in the entrance exam.
- Marks: The question paper was of 500 marks.
- Negative Marking: There was provision of negative marking. 1 mark was deducted for incorrect response.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct response 4 marks was awarded.
|Exam||Total Questions||Total Marks||Marking Scheme||Duration (Minutes)|
Click here to practice GPAT 2017 Mock Test.
GPAT 2017 Syllabus
The GPAT 2017 syllabus is prescribed by the AICTE. The GPAT Syllabus 2017 is composed into four major sections namely:
- Microbiology In Pharmacy
- Physical Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical jurisprudence & Ethics
- The Importance of unit operations in manufacturing
- Introduction to Dispensing and Community Pharmacy
- Dosages Forms, designing & evaluation
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Syllabus
- Physical Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy
- Inorganic Pharmaceutical & medicinal chemistry
- Organic Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Fundamentals of general pharmacology
- Pathophysiology of Common Diseases
- Basic Concepts of Pharmacotherapy
- Sources of Drugs
- Volatile Oils
- Alkaloid Containing Drugs
- Glycoside Containing Drugs
- Studies of Traditional Drugs
- General Techniques of Biosynthetic Studies
- Basic Metabolic Pathways/Biogenesis
- The role of plant-based drugs on the National economy
- Marine pharmacognosy
- Applications of plant tissue culture in pharmacognosy