Get To The Point
- 1 GCET – Goa Common Entrance Test
- 1.1 GCET Exam Dates
- 1.2 GCET 2017 Application Form
- 1.3 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.4 GCET Exam Pattern
- 1.5 Seat Reservation
- 1.6 GCET Syllabus
- 1.7 GCET 2017 Admit Card
- 1.8 GCET 2017 Result
- 1.9 Admission Process
The GCET (Goa Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance examination organized by Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa. This exam is a perfect gateway for those students seeking for admission in professional degree courses in the state of Goa. GCET will be considered for the admission in first year of various courses in the field of Architecture, Engineering, etc. GCET 2017 exam dates has been released now. In this article, candidates can check information about GCET 2017 including application form, important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
GCET Exam Dates
Here we have listed the official dates of GCET 2017:
|Notification release date||Last week of November, 2016|
|Application form starts||Fourth week of March, 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form & issue of admit card||First week of April, 2017|
|Last date to submit application form (with Rs.1000/- late fee)||Last week of April, 2017|
|Issue Date of Admit Card||Last week of April, 2017|
|Exam date||9th May 2017 (Physics & Chemistry) and 10th May 2017 (Mathematics & Biology)|
|Result announcement||Third week of May, 2017|
|Result Declared||First week of June 2017|
|Counselling begins||June, 2017|
GCET 2017 Application Form
The GCET 2017 Application Form will be released from the fourth week of March, 2017. The application form will be available in the designated centers at Goa. The last date to submit the application form without late fee will be the first week of April, 2017 and with late fee it will be the last week of April, 2017. The fee payment will be made through demand draft of Rs. 1500/- payable in the favor of Director of Technical Education at Panaji. Candidates are required to submit the application form along with DD and three photographs in person at the center notified in the application form. The application form will not be accepted by post or through messenger. After the due date, the application form will not be accepted under any circumstances.
MBBS, BDS, B.Tech, B.Pharm, B.Arch, BHMS, B.Sc Nursing and Allied Health Science Courses.
Candidates should comply with the eligibility criteria before applying:
- Candidates must be an Indian Citizen.
- Non-resident Indians (NRI), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) card holders are also eligible to apply.
- For Medicine, Dentistry, Homoeopathy, Allied Health Sciences and Nursing courses, students must have completed the age of 17 years as on 31 December of the year of admission.
- No minimum or maximum age limit is required for Engineering, Pharmacy and Architecture programmes.
- For homeopathy, AHS courses: applicants must have passed 12th or equivalent examination with physics, chemistry, biology and English subjects.
- Candidates must have secured 50% marks in PCB group for general candidates, 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates and 45% for PH candidates.
- For engineering courses: candidates must have cleared 10+2 or equivalent exam with English, physics & mathematics as compulsory subjects and any one of the following subjects Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/Biology.
- Aspirants should have scored at least 45% marks in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the following subjects Chemistry/ Biotechnology / Computer Science/Biology for general category and 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC categories.
GCET Exam Pattern
The GCET exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Type of Question: The question paper will contain objective type questions with multiple optional answers for each question.
- Pattern: The question paper will be asked in OMR pattern.
- No. of Question & Duration: Each paper will consist of 75 questions to be answered in two hours.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There is not any provision of negative marking for wrong answers or multiple answers.
|Courses||No. of Questions||Marks|
Seats reserved for different categories are mentioned below:
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||2%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||12%|
|Other Backward Communities (OBC)||27%|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3%|
|Freedom Fighters (FF)||1%|
|Non-resident Indian (NRI)||5%|
The GCET Syllabus will consist of various subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Mathematics. It will be based on the syllabus introduced by the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education, Porvorim, for 12th standard (science stream). In this exam, questions will be asked from above mentioned subjects.
GCET 2017 Admit Card
The GCET 2017 Admit Card will be provided at the time of submitting the application form at the designated centers. Candidates note down it is mandatory to produce the admit card at the examination center. The admit card will contain exam related information like exam dates & timing, exam venue, candidates name & roll number.
GCET 2017 Result
The GCET 2017 result will be published on notice board at DTE or through the official website of the authority. Individual score card will not be issued. There is not any provision for revaluation/ verification of marks. A merit list will be prepared for admission on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination. The merit list will be published through the official website of the authority.
GCET 2018 will be managed by the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa. It is a state level examination organized to offer admission to the engineering, architecture & many other courses. GCET score card will be accepted by the various colleges located in Goa. The application form will be issued from the Last week of March 2018.
Any notification regarding admission will be published through local news papers. Admission in degree course in Architecture will be based on the NATA score. For admission, candidates are required to fill and submit the application form (B) at DTE, Goa or other notified centers and obtain Acknowledgement card with registration number as a proof of form submission. GCET Counselling 2017 will be started after the result announcement. Admission will be based on merit list. Candidates shortlisted for admission will be required to be present in person for admission rounds at the Admission Centre at Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim, Goa with acknowledgement card, required original documents and fees.