MKSSS’s Cummins College of Engineering for Women, Pune An Autonomous Institute Affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University
Under Graduate & Post Graduate Programs Admissions & Fees Structure for 2016-17
- Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha’s Cummins College of Engineering For Women is approved by AICTE and affiliated to ‘University of Pune’.
- College follows admission rules laid down by ‘Director of Technical Education’, Maharashtra state .
- AICTE & State Govt. has given the approval to run the two courses in two shifts.. Cummins College is the first College to start the second shift.
- The College is accredited by NBA four times and by NAAC at Grade A.
|Degree program – First Shift Courses||
|B. Tech. Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering||
|B.Tech. Computer Engineering||
|B. Tech. Instrumentation & Control Engineering||
|B. Tech. Information Technology||
|B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering||
Second Shift Courses
|B.Tech. Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering||
|B.Tech. Computer Engineering||
The students can apply on line for all the First & Second Shift Courses as per the DTE notification. The choice code has been given in the Brochure of DTE Mumbai. Details of centralized admission procedure is available on the DTE website www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in The Student has to apply on line as per the directives of Director Technical Education.
Fees Structure for 2016-17 (First Year – Under Graduate)
Tuition & Development Fees – Rs. 1,20,000/-
All the rules about fees declared by the Government of Maharashtra – Fees Regulating Authority from time to time will be applicable to all the Students. For Reserved category Students Government rules will be followed and subject to the submission of required documents.First Year category wise details of Fee for 2016-17 kindly see the Notice Board of College website.
Second year admissions
Students who have completed diploma in engineering can get admission at second year level through DTE Centralised Admission procedure and rules. Kindly refer www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in
Direct Second Year Fees for 2016-17 (DSE – Under Graduate)
Tuition & Development Fees – Rs. 1,29,600/-
Above fees may be paid by Demand Draft in favour of Principal Cummins College of Engineering for Women Pune or by Cash also.
All rules of Government of Maharashtra, Fees Regulating Authority are applicable to the students.
Postgraduate programs Admissions & Final Fees Structure
|Post graduate program||Specialization||Intake||Eligibility|
|M.Tech. Instrumentation & Control||(Biomedical Instrumentation)||18||B.E./B. Tech in Instrumentation/Electrical/Biomedical instrumentation/ Biomedical Electronics/ Biomedical Engineering/Electronic Instrumentation and Control /
Electronics and Instrumentation /Electronic Instrumentation Electronics/Electronics and Telecommunication/Industrial Electronics
|M.Tech. Electronics & Telecommunication||(Signal Processing)||18||B.E./B. Tech in Electronics/ Electronics and Telecommunication/Industrial Electronics/ Instrumentation and Control/Computer Engineering|
College follows admission rules laid down by ‘Director of Technical Education,’ Maharashtra state . Please see the Government Website www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in for Centralized Admission Procedure recently declared by Director of Technical Education for Post Graduate Courses.
M.Tech. Fees Structure for 2016-17
Tuition & Development Fees – Rs. 1,20,000/-
Computer Engineering Department
To equip women with excellent education in Computer Engineering, enabling them to play significant leadership roles in technology and society
- Impart excellent education, necessary skills, training and experimentation capabilities in the field of computer science and engineering.
- Create a vibrant and an intellectually stimulating environment for students to promote innovative and multidisciplinary real world problem solving.
- Develop women professionals and imbibe work ethics and leadership skills in them, thereby helping them pursue successful career and contribute to science and technology.
- Collaborate with industry and other universities to help create competent computer professionals.
- Strive to fulfill the expectations of all relevant stakeholders.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare students for academic competence, to be employed as computer professionals, for industry, higher studies, research, entrepreneurship and to significantly contribute to the society at large.
- To develop students’ fundamental knowledge related to mathematics, science, computer science, computer engineering and to make them capable of providing solutions to challenging problems and multidisciplinary problems.
- To enrich students with soft skills, leadership skills, professional skills and work ethics to make them good computer professionals and role models for future generations.
- To prepare students capable of self-learning, to have the ability to adapt to changes and to possess the ability to understand the impact of engineering on society and humankind.
Cummins College of Engineering was established in 1991 under the umbrella of “Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha, Pune”. Department of Computer Engineering started in 1991 with intake of 60 students. The first undergraduate batch rolled out in the year 1995. The intake capacity was subsequently increased from 60 to 90 in the year 2001 – 2002 and from 90 to 120 from year 2002 – 2003. The second shift for computer department started from the academic year 2010 with an intake capacity of 60. The department was accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in the years 1998, 2001, 2004, 2006 and 2012.
The department offers students an undergraduate program which is affiliated to Pune University. Here the students gain breadth and depth of knowledge in a multitude of computing specialties and are well prepared for industry positions as well as academic positions. Department continuously try to improve the programme delivery to keep our graduates competitive in the job market. Graduates from the department are heavily recruited by both academia and industry. All over the world, ex-students of the department occupy best positions in both academia and industry. After graduation, the department continues to enjoy strong interaction and support from alumni.
The department also receives generous support from members of local IT industry. Department initiated ‘TechnoTryst’ a technical event in 2004, which is now a college level event. Eminent personalities such as Dr. D.B. Phatak, Dr. P.K. Sinha, Dr. Uday Khedkar and Dr. Vijay Bhatkar have interacted with the students and faculty over a period of time. Department has close association with Persistent Systems Ltd., Pune, an IT Company since 1995. The college also has a MOU with KPIT Cummins, Pune and Purdue University, U.S., which helps department in identifying I.T. trends, advanced topics accordingly to arrange awareness among students.
The Department laboratories possess more than 360 high end PCS with necessary licensed operating system and software. All the labs are well protected with UPS. The department also has a separate Internet facility available for students where they can surf the internet to gather unlimited information and increase their knowledge with the 12 Mbps dedicated line. In addition to this, the final year students are provided with two dedicated Project Labs having high end desktops for their final year project. Students work on different platforms and technologies to fulfill their needs of the project. All Laboratories are well equipped with network printers. The department has a blade server which is used for intranet applications.
A separate departmental library consisting of previous seminar reports, Project Reports, various manuals is available to help students make study material readily available. In addition to this, the college library has a very good collection of academic and general information books and subscriptions for journals on the topics related to the study of the Computer Engineering.
Our dedicated full-time faculty, who not only strive to excel in the classrooms, but are always here to help students. The department has young and enthusiastic faculty members who provide expertise in their areas of interests which are major areas of computer science and engineering.
The combination of all of these elements makes the Computer Engineering Department a very exciting place to be.
Information Technology Department
Instill proficiency in information technology among women through quality education for the benefit of society. To provide cutting-edge technical knowledge to develop industry-ready women professionals.
- To nurture research attitude among students.
- To cultivate ethical practices and sense of societal responsibilities.
- To foster interpersonal and leadership skills through co-curricular and extracurricular activities to enable students for higher studies.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare graduates who will possess knowledge and skills in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology to pursue successful careers in IT industry and higher studies.
- To develop competent IT engineers having core knowledge of data structures, databases, operating systems and computer networks for solving technological problems with systematic approach.
- To expose students to variety of information technology domains for widening their technical breadth and depth to solve multidisciplinary problems.
- To groom students to have conscience of ethical practices and commitment towards societal contributions.
- To develop abilities of students for lifelong learning through conducive academic environment.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
Upon successful completion of UG course in Information Technology, the students will attain following Program Specific Outcomes:
- Apply mathematical fundamentals, algorithmic principles, system programming concepts and theory of computations for developing computer-based systems.
- Employ software architecture and engineering concepts to provide IT solutions in areas like business intelligence, cloud computing and networking.
- Think innovatively to develop multidisciplinary systems.
- Practice communication and decision-making skills through the use of appropriate technology and be ready for industry culture.
Department of Information Technology (IT) was established in the year 2000. The department offers an undergraduate program BE (Information Technology). This program is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU). It is accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA). Students’ intake capacity for the program is 60. 14 batches have graduated from the department till date. Every batch that passes out each year has passing percentage above 95%.
The department has 3 class rooms and 8 laboratories. The class rooms and laboratories are well equipped with latest configuration desktops. Each desktop has internet facility available. Use of open-source operating system and other software is encouraged. All classrooms and laboratories are equipped LCD projectors as a teaching aid. In all, there are around 250 computers in the department.
The department has 15 teaching faculty members and 5 non-teaching faculty members. Out of 15 teaching faculty members, 2 have Doctoral Degree, 6 are pursuing Doctoral Degree and 5 have completed Post-Graduation. Faculty members have varied areas of specialization such as Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Text Mining, Computer Networks, Information Security, Android Forensics and Music Retrieval.
Our students are placed in reputed companies such as Google, Microsoft, Cisco, Avaya, IBM, Barklays, Pubmatic, General Electric, Cummins India, Deloitte, Seagate, Infosys, Wipro, Tata Consultancy Services, KPIT and Persistent Systems. The maximum package of salary offered is 16 lakhs per annum. On an average, 70% students are placed every year through Campus Recruitment.
Some students pursue higher education at IITs, other engineering colleges and management colleges in India. 3 students have pursued MS at Purdue University, USA through the MoU between the College and Purdue University. In addition to this, some students seek admission for MS in other universities abroad.
The students have excelled in academics by securing University ranks, paper-presentation awards, project competition awards as well as trophies in sports and cultural activities. 1 student has represented the college in Football at National Level. 2 students have won Murthy Award for Best Performance in Sports. 1 student has represented college in National Level Present around the World (PATW) Competition. The students have won trophies in Purushottam Karandak and Firodiya, the cultural events. As a result, department has fetched Best Class Award 7 times and Best Department Award 5 times.
Electronics and Telecommunication Dept
To provide excellent technical education for women in Electronics and Telecommunication engineering in the global context
The Department Mission
- To impart quality education that enables building up of successful careers and to motivate the pursuit of higher studies
- To train for adapting to technological advances and challenges in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- To provide an intellectually stimulating and congenial atmosphere for exploring new ideas in multidisciplinary fields, excelling in academics and co-curricular activities
- To instill ethics along with perseverance and empathy
The Department Program Educational Objectives
- To provide contemporary technical education and intellectually inspiring environment to build strong foundation for a successful career in Electronics, Telecommunication and related industries and prepare a base for higher education
- To impart thorough knowledge of Design, Logic building and Realization of Electronic Systems
- To develop independent thinking, ability to envisage new ideas and apply to multidisciplinary aspects of engineering and technology
- To inculcate professional ethics, good communication skills, leadership qualities and the spirit of team work
- To encourage resilient and collaborative efforts, thus achieving life-long self- enhancement as well as motivating and assisting others in the society to succeed
The Department Program Specific Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Apply fundamentals of Electronics & Telecommunication engineering and Mathematics to solve complex engineering problems
- Acquire competency in design of Signal Processing, VLSI, Embedded, Automation, and Communication Systems in diverse fields including environmental and societal applications
- Work in teams and in leadership positions as committed professionals with strong ethics
- Adapt to rapid changes in technology and industry, undertake higher studies, research and engage in life-long learning
About The Department
Information about the Department:
The E&TC Department of MKSSS’S Cummins College of Engineering for Women (CCOEW), Pune was established in 1991. Initially, it started functioning with 60 students. The student intake was increased to 120 in 1997. The department has also started the Post Graduation (PG) course of M.E (Signal Processing) since 2009 with an intake of 18 students and second shift of UG with an intake of 60 students thus making the total strength as 180. In 2014 the department also started a research centre for PhD. Degree under Pune University.
The department is Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The department has excellent infrastructure including Laboratories equipped with Hi-Tech equipment.
The department has a well qualified and experienced faculty with very good teacher student ratio. The department also has the advantage of collaboration with renowned industries like K.P.I.T., Avaya etc. The students of the department are also selected for undergoing Post Graduation Course of M.S. at Purdue University of the United States, since this college has a M.O.U with that University.
The students also do projects in collaboration with renowned industries which later help them in placements. The students are also encouraged to write papers on their projects and present them at various forums. Some of the students’ papers are also selected for presentation abroad at the international level. The students are encouraged to participate in Co-curricular activities like ROBOCON, SUPRA and BAJA National level Competitions. The students participate actively in NSS activities.
The Faculty of the department is encouraged to upgrade their knowledge by encouraging them to attend courses, workshops and seminars at state and national levels. The faculty is also deputed for PhD. The department also conducts Workshops, Guest Lectures, and Industrial visits to enhance technical knowledge.
The Department has a well equipped Library in spite of the college having huge central Library with Internet/Wi-Fi access.
To be recognized as a centre for quality education to develop women professionals in mechanical engineering
- To impart knowledge and skills in the field of mechanical engineering
- To develop mechanical engineers with professional ethics, who will respond to the current and future needs of society through academic, industrial, and research activities
- Develop facilities for higher education and promote research activities
State the Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To educate graduates of the program with fundamentals in mathematics, sciences and Mechanical Engineering
- To prepare graduates of the program for technological change in Mechanical Engineering
- To equip graduates of the program with self-learning abilities for professional career and higher education.
- To develop soft skills, team work and inculcate professional ethics among graduates of the program to have successful career as Mechanical Engineer in Industries and research organisation.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Mechanical Engineering Graduate is capable of
- applying fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics to solve complex engineering problems.
- analysing and designing optimal solution(s) in the fields of Design, Thermal, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering according to industry needs.
- communicating effectively to work as a team member and/or leader with professional ethics.
- pursuing higher studies and engaging in life-long learning.
Mechanical engineering degree course was formally inaugurated by the hands of Padmashree Ms Lila Poonawalla. On 23-11-2006, the BhumiPoojan of Mechanical Engineering Building was done by the hands of Mr Anant Talaulicar, CMD Cummins India Ltd. In June 2007, first batch of students in Mechanical Engineering course was admitted. The Journey of Mechanical Engineering is now towards 10th successful years. The Department has been set up with help and strong support of Cummins Diesel India Foundation. Cummins India Limited provided inputs for growth and development of the department whenever required. The department has qualified faculty with research potential. The department have received research grants from DST and BCUD. The class rooms with multimedia and wifi facilities are available in the department. The department has well equipped laboratories and excellent facilities for the students. The department has excellent computing facility with advanced softwares in Computer Centre. The department has multiylinder CRDI engine with latest features in Internal Combustion Engines laboratory, measuring instruments in Dynamics of Machinery and Automation Studio in Mechatronics Laboratory. The CNC machining, MIG and TIG welding facilities are also available in the workshop for the students participated in BAJA, Supra and ROBOCON. The additional equipments or set up are also developed in the laboratory through projects and research work in the department. The total investment in the department is Rs.3.62Cr. The department conducted no. of state and national level workshops on Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH), Industrial Fluid Power, FEM, Ansys etc. The passed out BE Mechanical result is 90% plus. The good no. of multinational core companies are visited every year and placement of Mechanical Engg. students is very good. Recently in July 2016, department has started American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) students section.
Information About The Department
The department of Instrumentation and Control is established in 1991. The department is offering an undergraduate program since 1991 and has started the post graduate program with specialization in Biomedical Instrumentation in 2009. The undergraduate program is accredited for 3 years by National Board of Accreditation.
The Instrumentation and Control is a core branch of Engineering, which deals with Measurement, Control and Automation. It is a highly interdisciplinary branch which covers major aspects of Chemical, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. The curriculum of Instrumentation and Control Engineering involves measurement of various process parameters, design of instruments and their applications. Further, installation, commissioning and maintenance of Instrumentation systems are integral part of Instrumentation and Control Engineering. Instrumentation Engineers are the leaders for Automation and Control. Instrumentation and Control includes electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic instrumentation systems along with tools required for the automation e.g. DCS, PLC, SCADA. These tools are integral part of process industries, refineries, petrochemical industries, building automation and many more. Health care is turning as an industry both at technology development and health care delivery system. Thus, Biomedical Instrumentation is also an important stream under Instrumentation.
Control, Computation and Analysis are essential aspects of any modern Instrumentation and Control system. Therefore Digital Signal Processing, Embedded Systems, and Analytical Instrumentation are important areas for design and manufacturing of modern instruments and control systems. Growing requirement of control and computing has created a large space for “Research in Instrumentation”.
Due to the multidisciplinary aspects an Instrumentation Engineer can choose a career in various core areas like Process Control, Automation, Embedded, Biomedical and IT as well.
The Instrumentation and Control department at Cummins College of Engineering for Women is one of the best departments with its investment in equipments over Rs. 3.5 crores. The department has 3 multimedia classrooms, 2 tutorial rooms and 12 well equipped laboratories including Process and Biomedical Instrumentation, Emerson Automation laboratory, equipped with a high end DCS DeltaV system and the MEMS laboratory, equipped with softwares like Coventor, Intellesuite and Comsol, along with departmental library. Highly motivated faculty is the major strength of the department. Presently department has 01 Professor and 14 Assistant Professors out of which 10 are pursuing PhD. Most of the staff members have post graduates degrees in Instrumentation. The department has excellent performance in University examinations with good number of rank holders.
The department has a strong collaboration with core industries. More than 70% of the final year projects are industry sponsored. The department has signed MoUs with Honeywell Automation India Limited, Emerson Engineering Exports Center. Forbes Marshall, a leading process industry, offers award to the best project of the final year students, since 1997.
Students from department have been placed in multinational companies like Emerson, Honeywell, Forbes, KPIT, Alfa Laval, Reliance, Infosys, Cognizant Technologies, IBM, Wipro Technologies, etc.