Get To The Point
- 1 CAT – Common Admission Test
- 1.1 CAT 2016 Exam Dates
- 1.2 CAT 2016 Result
- 1.3 CAT 2016 Admit Card
- 1.4 CAT 2016 Registration
- 1.5 CAT 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.6 CAT 2016 Exam Pattern
- 1.7 CAT 2016 Syllabus
CAT – Common Admission Test
CAT 2016 (Common Admission Test) is a national level entrance examination conducted by the IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) based on the policy of rotation. For this year, CAT 2016 exam will be conducted by IIM Bangalore for admission to the session 2017-18. This is a computer based test comprised in the quantitative ability, verbal ability, data interpretation and logical reasoning. The CAT score is being followed by the IIMs, IITs, NITs, Faculty of Management Study and Indian Institutes of Science. Candidates can get the complete details of CAT 2016 including Registration, Application Form correction, Exam Dates, Pattern, Syllabus, etc.
All those institutes offer the Postgraduate Business Administration Programme through the CAT examination. The CAT 2016 has been conducted on 4th December 2016. The notification of the examination and other essential details have been issued on 31st July, 2016. On the basis of CAT 2016 percentile, admission will be given to the candidates in the management programs of IIM’s & other top B-schools.
CAT 2016 Exam Dates
Here we are providing the authentic dates for CAT 2016 for admission to MBA & PGDM programs in IIM’s for the session 2017-18:
|Start Date of Online Application||8th August, 2016|
|Last date to submit the application form||27th September, 2016 (Extended)|
|Correction window||1st to 5th October 2016|
|Admit Card Download Date||24th October 2016|
|CAT 2016 Exam Date||4th December, 2016|
|Result Announcement Date||9th January, 2017|
Candidates may check CAT 2016 exam dates in detail from here.
CAT 2016 Result
The CAT 2016 result has been announced on 9th January 2017 through the website. The candidates may get their result by visiting the site and by enter their roll number and name ion the prescribed space during the result date.
CAT 2016 Admit Card
The CAT 2016 admit card for the registered candidates was available on the website from 24th October 2016 to till the date of examination. Candidates must check the particulars mentioned in the admit card before exam date and communicate with the council if found any error. There is no other (offline or by post) mode will be entertained to communicate with candidates regarding admit card.
CAT 2016 Registration
- The CAT 2016 Registration has been over now.
- Registration was available through the online mode only.
- At the time of registration the candidates must fill the required details in the form.
- Candidates can select the three test cities from the drop down menu.
- The candidates will be allotted any one of their preferred centres after the last date of registration.
- The admit card will be issued through the officials.
- Candidates may get their admit card from 18th October 2016 to till the date of examination.
Payment of Registration Fee:
The registration fee is Rs. 1600/- for the general and NC-OBC candidates and Rs. 800/- for the SC/SC/Person with Disability. The candidates must remit their fee through the online mode only via the official site of the authority by using their debit or credit card or net banking. Registration fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Through CAT 2016, candidates may take admission in the following courses offered by Various IIM’s and top B- schools of the country.
CAT 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the online application form the candidates must have ensure the eligibility criteria as following:
- The candidates must have passed the graduation degree in any stream.
- The candidates must have secured the marks at least 50% or equivalent to CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST and Differently Abled).
- The candidates appearing graduation can also apply for the CAT 2016 but they must clear the graduation in same year with given qualifying criteria.
Candidates may check CAT 2016 eligibility criteria in detail from here.
Reservation of Seats:
The CAT percentile criterion (given below) is a subject to change as per the year by the government. To claim the reservation the candidates must apply during the registration. After the registration the candidates cannot avail the chance of reservation or cannot change the categories. A supportive document will be required for the evidence of their categories. The criterion is as following:
- 15% seats will be reserved for the SC
- 7.5% seats for the ST candidates,
- 27% seats will be reserved for the OBC under Non-Creamy Layer candidates
- 3% seats will be reserved for the persons with disabilities
CAT 2016 Exam Pattern
Candidates must be well aware of CAT 2016 exam pattern as given below:
- Date of Exam: The examination will be held on 4th December 2016.
- Sessions: CAT 2016 will be conducted in two sessions on one day.
- Duration: The duration of the paper CAT 2016 exam will be of 180 minutes.
- No of Questions: The paper will be composed of 100 question.
- Subjects: The questions asked will be based on logical reasoning & data interpretation, verbal ability & Reading Comprehension and quantitative ability.
- Mode of Exam: The examination will be held online mode only i..e (CBT).
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will be rewarded with 3 marks.
- Negative Marking: Each incorrect answer will be punished with 1 mark deduction and no mark will be provided to questions that are not answered.
- Time Limit: Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section.
- Rules: Candidates cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
Candidates may check the CAT exam pattern from below table.
|Quantitative Ability||34||102||60 Min|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||96||60 Min|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||102||60 Min|
Candidates may check CAT 2016 Exam Pattern in detail from here.
CAT 2016 Syllabus
The CAT Syllabus divided into four sections: Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning. Candidates preparing for the CAT exam, must be aware of the CAT 2016 syllabus. The syllabus comprises of Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning. Candidates have to master these topics in order to score well in the exam.