Physiotherapy means physio therapeutic system of medicine which includes examination, treatment advice and instructions to any person in connection with movement, dysfunction, bodily malfunction, physical disorder, disability, healing and pain from trauma and disease. The physiotherapists skill are required by the health care team in most disciplines of medicine including surgery, neurology, orthopaedics, gynaecology, obstetrics, dermatology, ENT, cardiothoracic, vascular surgery, paediatrics, rehabilitation and sports medicine, etc.
BPT : For pursuing the B.P.T program, the candidates need to clear the 12th standard. They should have obtained at least 50% of marks in Biology, Physics and Chemistry including practical. Aspirants must have passed each subject separately. A Common Entrance Test (CET) is carried out for selecting the aspirants. The CET score is considered for the admission process to the course. The applicants must have reached at least a minimum 17 years of age for applying the B.P.T program.
MPT : 50% marks for BPT with 6 months internship is the eligibility for Master of Physiotherapy course. Also there is an entrance test, which is also to be cleared to get the admission.
Advantages or Benefits
- A Physiotherapist can go for documentation in a sub-specialty of Physiotherapy. Some of the specialty areas are like sports therapy, pediatric, electro physiological physical therapy etc.
- After finishing the B.P.T program one can go for advanced education like Master of Physical Therapy.
- The aspirant who has attained the B.P.T degree can start his or her own Clinic in Physiotherapy.
- MTP enables one person to study a lot of skills in treating patients and gain more confidence in the process.
- Getting a master degree in one’s chosen field of interest increases the employment opportunities
- Master of Physiotherapy is an advanced program where one person learns to pick one of the very challenging positions like clinician, teacher, consultant and researcher