Get To The Point
- 1 Assam Polytechnic Entrance Exam
- 1.1 Assam Polytechnic Exam Dates
- 1.2 Assam PAT Application Form
- 1.3 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.4 Assam PAT Exam Pattern
- 1.5 Reservation
- 1.6 Assam Polytechnic 2017 Admit Card
- 1.7 Assam Polytechnic 2017 Answer Key
- 1.8 Assam Polytechnic 2017 Result
- 1.9 Assam Polytechnic 2017 Counselling
Assam Polytechnic Entrance Exam
The Assam Polytechnic (PAT) is the state level entrance examination held for the candidates belonging to the Assam state. The exam is held for the candidates who are interested in various polytechnic courses offered by the different colleges of the Assam state. The exam is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE). Every year a large number of candidates apply for this exam. Here in this article we are providing you the information about Assam Polytechnic 2017 (PAT) which includes its application form, eligibility criteria, admit card and result etc.
Assam Polytechnic Exam Dates
The dates we are providing are tentative. Whenever the official dates will be announced we will update it soon.
|Online Registration from||Third week of March 2017|
|Last date for registration||Third week of April 2017|
|Last Date for receipt of printout of the Application form||Fourth week of April 2017|
|Admit Card Date||Second week of May 2017|
|Exam Dates||Fourth week of May 2017|
Assam PAT Application Form
- The Assam polytechnic 2017 application form will be available through the official website of the board.
- The form will be available only through the online medium.
- After filling the application form correctly the candidates are required to keep the print out of the application form for future reference.
- The application form will be available in the first week of March tentatively.
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria from the below mentioned section.
- The candidates must have cleared class 10th or equivalent examination from a recognized board or, class 12th examination the Board of Secondary Education Assam.
- The candidate must be the citizen of India.
- The candidate must hold the domicile of the Assam state.
- The candidates belonging to the general category must hold 40% marks in mathematics and science taken as average. For the SC candidates it is 35% and for ST it is 33% marks in average in science and mathematics.
- For the candidates belonging to the general category the candidates must be born on or after 1st Aug 1997 and for the SC/ST the candidates must be born or after 1st Aug 1994.
Assam PAT Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of Assam Polytechnic is discussed below.
- Type: MCQ
- Mode: Paper & pencil based
- No. of questions: 100 questions from 10th level syllabus including aptitude and GK
- Duration: 2 hours
The candidates applying for office management has to give one separate exam which will come from English and General Knowledge. The duration of the examination will be three hours.
- Schedule Caste – 7%
- Schedule Tribes (Plains)-10%
- B.C. (including (including M.O.B.C.) -15% of annual intake capacity.
- For Moran Community total 10 (ten) seats, 1 in each Polytechnic.
- Sons/Daughters/Grand Sons/Grand Daughters of Freedom Fighters (both paternal and maternal): 15 seats in total and in all polytechnics expect Diphu.
- Sons and daughters of Retired Defence Personal- 1 seat in each Polytechnic.
- Physically Handicapped- 3% of Institute intake capacity.
Assam Polytechnic 2017 Admit Card
The candidates have to download the Assam PAT admit card from the official portal. The admit card will be available from the second week of May 2017. The candidates are required to keep the admit card till the admission procedure gets over.
Assam Polytechnic 2017 Answer Key
The answer key will be available after one/two weeks of the examination. The candidates can calculate their marks and score with the help of the answer key available through the website.
Assam Polytechnic 2017 Result
The Assam PAT 2017 result will be available through the official website. Candidates can view the result in the first week of June 2017. After the declaration of the result the merit list will be prepared. The candidates those names will be there in the merit list will be called for the counselling procedure.
Assam Polytechnic 2018
Assam Polytechnic 2018 (PAT 2018) will be regulated by the Directorate of Technical Education, Assam. It is a state level examination organized for admission to the various diploma programme. These courses are offered by the various polytechnic colleges located in Assam. The application form will be provided from the 3rd week of March 2018.
Assam Polytechnic 2017 Counselling
The candidates who have secured qualifying marks in the examination will have to appear in the Assam Polytechnic 2017 counselling procedure. At the time of counselling the candidates are required to select the course and choose the college where they want to take admission.
Documents Required for Counselling
The following documents are required for the counselling procedure:
- Class X Marksheet.
- Class XII Marksheet.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Assam PAT 2017 Admit Card.
- Assam PAT 2017 Score Card.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Category Certificate.
- Passport size photographs.